Skip to main content

RPGaDay Favorite RPG Blog/Website


To be honest, I no longer have a central place on the web to go for RPGs. For years, the Fear the Boot forums were my RPG home, but RPG discussion seems to have moved away from forums and distributed across things like Google+ and Twitter. I find it much harder to stay interested in these forms of communication, they have no history and do not lend themselves to long, in-depth discussions. Things like Roll20 and Google Hangouts offer online gaming opportunities that never existed before, but without a central community, I am not sure how to find people to use these tools. It would be nice to have a place where there was a group of people large enough to offer a pool of diverse players, but small enough that we all know each other. It feels like what is missing from the web since forums went out of style is the ability to talk to small focused communities. You are either talking to one person or everybody now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveller : Session 53

    This session was run on January 18, 2024.   220-1118   In the morning, they decided to take the Gerald Masters interview job. Marvin was still too hung over from the night before and had to beg off for the day. They spread out through the station looking for prospective interviewees. Simmi was fairly successful, finding three people willing to be interviewed. She was surprised to learn that most of them were worried that having the fleet there would attract violent attention from the Solomoni instead of providing protection. Aryanna found two people willing to be interviewed, both of which seemed resentful of the large numbers of Navy personnel wandering around the station. M'han was unable to find anyone who would let him interview them.   Zarf attempted to interview a few men in a bar and almost caused a fight because he was asking too many questions. Another patron stepped in at the last minute and started talking about the ...

Wilderlands: Dabber

 Below is my adaptation of the Dabber race from Gamma World for my Castles & Crusades Wilderlands game. I believe that the picture is from the Alternity version of Gamma World. This adaptation has not been subjected to any significant playtesting yet. 

Harn: AW Session Recap

Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of being a player in a one-shot set in Harn's Orbaal region using the  Apocalypse World rules. While I have been reading up on Harn for a while, this was my first chance to actually participate in a game set on Harn. I have never played core Apocalypse World before, but I have run Dungeon World several times, so I was familiar with the basic rules concepts. The characters were: Taebaal: the Valkhar Bjaal: One of Taebaal's trusted men Molvid: An extremely mercenary viking (Me) Waede: A Jorin rebel against the Ivinian occupiers Fester: A healer Mycroft: An orphan who seems connected to Waede Molvid's adventure started while out on a boar hunt with Taebaal and Bjaal. While walking in the woods, he came across Waede, Fester, and Mycroft standing over a dead body laying in the snow. They were armed and there was a crate of swords next to the body. When questioned, they told Molvid that the dead man had jumped them and that the c...