It has been a year since I posted here, and what a busy year it has been. Actually the last several years have been pretty crazy. I finished law school in 2011 and started a new job. Last August my wife and I had a little girl, and I am just now slowly emerging back onto the internet. I managed to make it to GenCon this year, and had a blast.
I have several things going on at this point:
1) I have returned to board games after several years of low interest. I have especially been enjoying many of the card games out there now. I really like the whole deckbuilder genre. My #1 purchase at GenCon this year was the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. I expect I will be discussing them some.
2) I have an ongoing Edge of Empire game I am running at my new FLGS. I live in Southern Maryland now, I work at the Navy base down here. There was not much in the way of gaming the first year I was here. There was a game store, but the guy who owned it had no idea how the business worked. But now we have a comic book store and a new game store. The owners of High Tide Games really understand the game business and the importance of community building and having people in your store playing games. I am really enjoying my Edge of Empire game, so I will be talking about that some.
3) After meeting the gregarious Mark Oberle of Palladium games at GenCon this year, I have , for the first time in my life, a Palladium project. I have never really played Rifts and I have decided that before next GenCon I will run a Rifts game, and that it will be good. I have begun a long term research project into Rifts and I will be talking about that here.
4) After a little experimenting with online RPG gaming over the last few months, I have decided that I want to get an online game going. I don't know if it will be play by post, chat based, or Roll20, but I am pretty sure that it will be Castles and Crusades, drop-in/drop-out, and a sandbox.
5) I have an idea for a game of my own, but I would like to get some experience writing modules for established games first. I will be doing some research on what game systems are easy to write for from an intellectual property standpoint, and then I will get started. I will certainly start with free stuff, but if it goes well I may move on to more polished modules.
I have slowly been regaining my online life. First by returning to a few forums and now by returning to this blog. Hopefully I can stick with it this time.
Maps! My Real Maps!
1 day ago