Skip to main content

Nautical Combat Rules

I am going to need some good nautical combat rules for one of the features I am adding to the Conquistador's Tomb. I am not interested in rules that are really only intended for one-on-one battles. I am looking for rules that will allow me to run naval battles that involve several ships, sea monsters, and possibly forts on the shore. The ships involved will be armed with black powder weapons.

I have pulled some resources together. Right now I am looking at:

OD&D Naval Combat
BECMI Expert Set
Pathfinder SRD Ship Combat Rules
AD&D 1st edition DMG
Spelljammer

Ship combat is strangely absent from the 3.x core books. It is apparently in the Arms and Equipment Guide, which I have misplaced or lost over the years. The rules in Stormwrack , an excellent book, will not work due to their narrative nature. The .pdf for A&EG is fairly cheap if those rules are any good.

Can anyone think of something I am missing? I thought LotFP had extensive rules, but there wasn't much in my Rules and Magic book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveller : Session 53

    This session was run on January 18, 2024.   220-1118   In the morning, they decided to take the Gerald Masters interview job. Marvin was still too hung over from the night before and had to beg off for the day. They spread out through the station looking for prospective interviewees. Simmi was fairly successful, finding three people willing to be interviewed. She was surprised to learn that most of them were worried that having the fleet there would attract violent attention from the Solomoni instead of providing protection. Aryanna found two people willing to be interviewed, both of which seemed resentful of the large numbers of Navy personnel wandering around the station. M'han was unable to find anyone who would let him interview them.   Zarf attempted to interview a few men in a bar and almost caused a fight because he was asking too many questions. Another patron stepped in at the last minute and started talking about the ...

Wilderlands: Dabber

 Below is my adaptation of the Dabber race from Gamma World for my Castles & Crusades Wilderlands game. I believe that the picture is from the Alternity version of Gamma World. This adaptation has not been subjected to any significant playtesting yet.