- @ttack: A stripped down version of early fantasy role-playing games that will emulate the play in a roguelike. It will focus on random item identification, random dungeons, and solo/referee-less play
- Inspired by my latest read-through of the LotFP Referee Manual, I have decided to make up a list of unique monsters. I want to shift the enemies in my game away from the standard roster and move towards the unique and mysterious. These will be monsters to be used rarely, that will be completely unknown to the players
- My own detailed wilderness exploration rules. There is likely a long wilderness trek in the near future of my Stonehell campaign. I want it to focus on man versus nature more than random monster encounters. I will need these rules to allow for more detail than what is general included in core rulebooks, but not reach the insanity present in the Wilderness Survival Guide. I will be covering many of the same areas of the WSG but in less detail.
- First: A sci-fi game inspired by '70s sci-fi TV like Space:1999. The game will center in humanity's first faster-than-light ship. The ship was built by a conglomeration of state, super-state, military, and business interests. Each interest will have different objectives it wants to achieve from the exploration mission. The players will play the representatives of those different interests and try to sway a weak captain, while having to work together to survive. While I want to keep the cool silver jumpsuit/mini-skirt aesthetic of the period's shows, I will be limiting aliens to the really alien. No people with funny foreheads.
- I may be running an introductory game soon for people that have never played before. I want to use a vampire, but not the modern angsty and sparkly kind. I want an old-time, aristocrat vampire that literally leaches off the poor folk. I also want the vampire to be a surprise. I want to use LotFP for this.
- A con game involving monster hunting with miniatures. I was inspired by a recent article in Wargamer Illustrated about a medieval monster hunting wargame. I want to do it with a bidding system instead of dice. It will involve a small number of miniatures and terrain. I would like to run it at a con and have the winner take the game home with them.
- A cyberpunk game using old school style rules that features the tunnels under Paris and the 'net as two parallel megadungeons.
Maps! My Real Maps!
1 day ago